There Is No Charge For The First Consultation: 903-266-1843
Law Office of
Gordon Mosley
Bg Prac Icon1
Bg Prac Icon2
Real Estate and Bankruptcy
Bg Prac Icon3
Stopping Creditors
Bg Prac Icon4
Common Concerns & Questions About Bankruptcy

Can I Discharge Taxes In Bankruptcy?

Once you are behind on tax debts, there can be repercussions from the IRS if you fail to get current with the payments. If you are unable to pay back your taxes, it is a smart idea to seek advice about forms of debt relief that can help you with tax debts.

Bankruptcy may be right for you. At the Law Office of Gordon Mosley, I help people file for bankruptcy and get the relief they need to get back on their feet. I am an experienced bankruptcy lawyer who has maintained a proven track record over the past 20 years of my career. I am Gordon Mosley, and I provide personalized attention to my clients, making sure that your bankruptcy is done right the first time.

State Income Vs. IRS Federal Tax Debt

Texas does not have state income tax; however, many people can become overwhelmed by property tax issues, school debts or debts related to their homes. If you want to retain your home, you must find a way to get current (or work out a repayment plan) to keep your home/property.

If you are behind on federal income taxes, you may be able to discharge the debts with consumer bankruptcy (depending on the age of the debt and other factors). You may be able to use a Chapter 13 bankruptcy to repay debts, deal with issues involving a tax lien and stop the accumulation of interests and penalties.

Contact Me For Your First Free Consultation

Please call 903-266-1843 or complete an online contact form to get in touch with my team. I do not charge for the first consultation. My office is located in Smith County, and as a bankruptcy attorney, I handle cases throughout all surrounding Texas communities.

My law office is a debt relief agency and helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.